The Studio 65: Oh, I Completely Messed That Up Haley
by Tim Alatorre
Posted on March 25, 2011
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (50.0MB)
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS
Pete Sandholdt, Cal Poly B’Arch ’90, and Bob Vargas, Berkley B’Arch ’86 join Tim live in the “studio”. Haley is still part of the fun as we discuss the good “old” days of architecture licencing , the struggle of IDP vs good business, and Tim’s wardrobe.
Don’t forget to tell your friends about us, join our Facebook Group, leave reviews on iTunes, vote for us on Podcast Alley, and follow us on Twitter!
- New Facebook Fans
- Henry Santos
Cal Poly News
- Chumash Show May 28-30th. Memorial Day Weekend
- Kennedy Library turns 30
- Reception 2 p.m. April 8.
- Street Furniture Competition Finalists
- Cal Poly Architecture Students Nathan Kiatkulpiboone, Emily Ho, Nic Pappas and Karen Wang submission to the Architecture for Humanity Chicago, was a finalist in the Street Furniture Compeition. Their project Swarmbrella was a green canopy that redefines the function of umbrellas.
- Autodesk unveils 2012 design suite
- How architects can help Japan after the earthquake and tsunami
- In Texas, a Fight Between Architects and Engineers Goes to the State Capitol
- “Schools of Tomorrow” Design Competition Winners Announced
- In birds vs. buildings, feathered friends gain ground
- Autocad or Revit? (P) Revit (B) Autocad
- Parallel bar or T-Square? (P) Parallel (B) Parallel
- Facebook or LinkedIn? (P) Facebook (B) Facebook
- Arch Record, Arch Digest, or Architect? (P) Record (B) Car and Driver? Record
- Drafting dots or tape? (P) tape (B) tape
- Yellow trace or white? (P) white (B) white
- Ad Markers or Prisma? (P) prisma (B) sharpie
- Pen or Pencil? (P) pen (B) pen
- Mac or PC? (P) PC (B) PC
- What’s the Meaning of Life? (P) Architecture and (B) beer = Beer-catecture
- Cal Poly or Berkeley? (P) Poly (B) Bears!!! Cal baby!
SCORE: combined score of 251,178.38
- How long have you been a licenced Architect?
- (Bob) 19 years, got the notice on his 29th birthday.
- (Pete) since 1993 or 1994, graduated poly in 1990
- Back in the day… What getting your Architecture licence was like in the 90’s, the 12 hour tests and oral exams.
- Getting your license was paramount to becoming an architect
- What motivated you to get your license?
- What is the most challenging part about being an architect?
- Given the current economy, it’s really staying in business nowadays
- Being a jack of all trades
- Which school is better?
- To be continued…
Tim and Haley (actually Tim!)
So… I went to listen the outstanding Episode #65, however Episode #1 is posted!? WT…(F)? I know this was your BEST episode, and would love to listen to it. Please have your IT staff (hee hee) look into this!
BTW: We had a lot of fun, and would certainly be on the show again!
Peter W. Sandholdt, AIA
Wow, the title of this episode is more appropriate now than before. I’m not sure how that happened but the correct episode is now uploaded.
If you subscribe via the RSS feed in a podcast client. Delete the file and then download it again to get the correct episode.
What I really want to know is how did the go all weekend without anyone but you mentioning something. Maybe no one really listens to the show they just download it and delete is.