by Tim Alatorre
Posted on September 19, 2010
5th Year Studio, Adaptive Reuse, AIAS, ARCE, ARE, Arthur Chapman, Bill Brown, Bob Asbury, Cardboard Regatta, CBF, CNC Router, College Based Funds, Donna Duerk, Ellen Noterman, George Hasslen, Hand Drawing, Henri DeHahn, Howard Weisenthal, Jake Feldman, Japan, Jim Bagnall, Josef Kasperovich, Laser Cutter, Learn By Doing, Margot McDonald, Modeling, NAAB, Paul Neal, Photography, Pierre Luigi Siriano, Poly Canyon, Richard Schmidt, Sequoia Hall, WOW
SPECIAL EDITION: We’re live at Week of Welcome and hear words of wisdom from Henri de Hahn, Josef Kasperovich and a dozen Architecture students. We discuss the role of photography and technology in Architecture.
Don’t forget to tell your friends about us, join our Facebook Group, leave reviews on iTunes, vote for us on Podcast Alley, and follow us on Twitter!
Round table discussion with:
Henri de Hahn, Department Head
- What happened with the 5th year labs?
- Cal Poly teaches the fundamentals
- “Learn by Doing” is not dead but is up for a rethink
Josef Kasperovich, Lecturer
- History of the Cal Poly Architecture photography program.
- Hand drawing, photography, Photoshop… technology as a tool.
- Taking in Architecture in smaller bites.
- The history of wet pavement in architecture photography.
- Sean Lahijani, Class of ’13
- Computer programs are the pencil’s of today.
- Carlos De Haro, Class of ’13
- Cal Poly is small and clean, not like Long Beach.
Also, interviews with:
- Lisa Snyder, Class 0f ’12 (Sequoia Hall)
- Sheldon Eaton, Class of ’13 (WOW Leader at Cal Poly, Group 172!)
And lots of fun with the freshmen!!
- Julien Stockwell, Lawrence, Kansas (WOW Group 172!)
- Malina Moua, Pearl City, Hawaii (WOW Group 172!)
- Parvathy Nair, San Jose, CA (WOW Group 172!)
- Naab Heer, Kerman, CA (WOW Group 172!)
- Victor Tang, San Jose, CA (WOW Group 172!)
- Patty Hansen, Redding, CA
- Elizabeth, Discovery Bay, CA (WOW Group 185!)
- Riley Koon (WOW Group 189!)